Monday 1 June 2009

I don't care if Monday's blue . . .


Today has been gloriously sunny so I haven't spent a lot of time on the computer. Too much of my day has been spent in B&Q, first of all to buy paint then to return the bookcase I was going to paint with the paint, because when I got it out of the packaging all the wood was split.  I hope the weather holds out because I really need to be able to paint outside and I won't be able to do that if it rains, obviously.

Here's a little interview with Etsy Seller, Stony Ghost who makes and sells beautiful hand dyed cushions and t-shirts as well as selling antique and limited edition Stony Ghost prints:




How long have you been an etsy seller?
I've been an etsy seller since june 27 2008

How do you get inspired?
I'm just generally inspired when useing materials to make something. I am also a visual artists, so making objects is the language I understand, and so that is what inspires me.

How much time do you put into your shop on average weekly?
I put a lot of time in, making things, photographing them, spending time in the forums, it's like a full time job. Prob about 25-35- hours a week.

What's your favorite item you're selling at the moment?
My favorite new items in the shop are the simple cushions, which have a clean, neutral feel, and are very versatile in terms of design applications.

Pets? Family? Tell us about them.
I am a young guy so I dont have a family yet. I really want a cat, but at the moment have no pets. 

Can you run me through what a typical day for you?
Get up in the morning make coffee, maybe make a few things, relist some items, promote. Then I go for a jog and that gives me time to think, and get out of the house. When I come back I might work on my painting, or prints, and continue to make stuff for the shop. I am really trying to make it work as a possible business, but right not It's fun to have added this new creative element to life.
What else interests you? 
I am interested in visual art and design. I am into aesthetics, music, going to galleries. That kind of thing. I also have a gallery space in brooklyn called real fine arts. The website is realfinearts.com if you want to check it out

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know your thoughts and opinions.