Wednesday 3 June 2009

. . . And Wednesday too . .

Wednesday has been greyer but it's held out enough for me to finish painting my new bookcase, which I will put together tomorrow, then you can have some photographs of my interior design master piece (or something like that).

After meeting Jane of Max and Molly Designs through etsy this morning, I've spent this evening trying to sketch greyhounds - it turns out their heads are very hard to get right.  In the event I manage to actually get something reasonable I will be selling/auctioning it for the Retired Greyhound Trust.  If all else fails I'll make a clay hound, I'm a bit more confident I can do that. 

My parents are currently on holiday and as I don't drive I end up a bit isolated.  It is hard to work out if it's better by myself without the stress of dealing with my father's illness and my mother's not coping or with the insanity that is everyday life here but at least there's somebody to talk to who isn't a cat or a gecko.

Another Featured Etsy Seller for you.  Today we have Lynne Adamson of Adamsonart, who sells tiny acrylic paintings that double as pendants - very arty!  Her work is vibrant and original.  I can only imagine the amount of skill that goes into creating something so small yet detailed.




How long have you been an etsy seller?
I opened my art shop in November 2006. It’s very easy to remember for two reasons. One, it’s posted on my shop home page and two, it was Thanksgiving and my daughter was home from college. She had already opened an Etsy shop to sell her own art and said I should definately have one too. She helped me set it up. That was the day my whole life changed. I’m sure you know what I mean. I was addicted from that day forward. My day begins and ends with Etsy. Even if it’s just a few minutes. I can’t sleep if I haven’t checked my shop.

How do you get inspired?
There are so many ways to get inspiration. I may see an image in a magazine or on TV and grab my sketchbook and doodle down an idea before I loose it. I do a lot of gardening and working outdoors is always inspiring. My dog or cat may be hanging out and give me a look and there you go. Get the sketchbook. Everywear I go I carry a little book for doodles. I’m constantly bombarded with ideas.

How much time do you put into your shop on average weekly?
Probably way too much LOL. When I get up, I make coffee, feed the dog and open up my Etsy. I like to spend an hour or so in the forums right off the bat because I’m in the west and the east coast has been at it for many hours already. I’m back again for another hour in the afternoon, usually around 3pm to see if anything exciting is going on and maybe a bit of chatting with my good friends whom I’ve met and become very attached to over the last 3 years.
So probably 3 or 4 hours a day on average.


What are your top three etsy shops that you can’t go a day without stalking?
KDemArte, hemplady4u, TSTreasures. I don’t actually stalk these shops daily but love to check to see what they are up to now and then. 

What’s your favorite item you’re selling at the moment?
My pendants right now. I just started doing them a couple of weeks ago and I really enjoy the process. I get to cut wood and sand it. Then I make tiny little paintings which satisfies my Virgo side.

Pets? Family? Tell us about them.
I have a little MinPin named Rocko who gives me lots of inspiration for my pointy nosed dog images. Two cats who are sister torties. I adopted them from a shelter and couldn’t split them up so had to have them both.
I live with my partner of 27 years and we have two beautiful daughters ages 22 and 24 who have flown the nest.


Can you run me through what a typical day for you?
Not very exciting I’m afraid. I wake early, around 6:30 and spend an hour or so on Etsy with my coffee cup in hand. Read the morning paper. Try to walk to the park for some laps and I get out into the garden before it gets to hot. Make some art, back onto Etsy for a bit in the afternoon. Think about making some dinner.
Back to the drawing board (depending on what I have going at the time). Then relax with my guy, catch some TV or a DVD. I like to sqeeze a little reading in. I’m reading The Stand by Steven King for the 3rd time. I love that story and re-read it every few years.


What else interests you?
I’m an avid Nevada History buff so I volunteer at The Springs Preserve in Las Vegas. 
 It is a historical and archological site the also inspires sustainable living. I volunteer once or twice a week. I also gallery sit for a non-profit cooperative run by art teachers. In return they give me gallery space. I love a good movie or a good read and also enjoy swimming. We have a pool in our back yard and I try to get in it as often as possible.

Is there anything you think we should know?
Always recycle, and if you have to buy new, make sure it’s source is renewable :)

You can read more about Lynne in her blog:  http://adamsonstudio.blogspot.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know your thoughts and opinions.