Tuesday 21 July 2009

update and Undiscovered Artist ScallyRags

So you've probably noticed the complete lack of posts recently - sorry about that, I've had a lot on my mind and haven't felt much like blogging.

I'm really struggling finding work and things are getting a little desperate - I even got turned down by McDonalds which I find a bit insulting. I should be starting A Levels (again) in September but I won't know if I can have a place anywhere until after the GCSE results come out at the end of August as they give places to the 16-18 year-olds before adult learners. I will definitely need part time work as I will have to pay for the course.

I've got a pile of new clay creations and a few more on the go but in order to actually get a post out this evening I'm afraid you'll have to wait for photographs.

The photography competitions will be having a bit of an overhaul - details of which I will be giving shortly. Thanks to all those who have entered the current challenge so far. I won't be opening voting just yet as I haven't pushed it as much as I should have and it doesn't seem ideal to vote on just three entries. If you would like to enter the current photography challenge please, please, please do - details of how to enter can be found here.

I think it's only fair to give you an Undiscovered Artist Feature after so long a delay so today we have the creator of Scallyrags, I think her name is Jillian but I'm rubbish and forgot to save it in her interview file so very sorry if I'm wrong.



As you can see she makes excellent funky clothing and other fabric dohickies. She's only had one sale since she opened in December so go check her out!

How long have you been an etsy seller?

I opened my etsy account in December, but I didn’t start posting to March.

Where do you get your inspiration?

Everywhere, music, bright colours, my friend their a big part of my inspiration

How much time do you put into your shop on average weekly?

About 15-20 hours

What's your favorite item you're selling at the moment?

Some of my favourite items are my bow pins, The sailor jerry love is one

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=26613671

Tell us about three other etsy shops you love and why.

Amber84: Is a graphic designer, that made my logo, I just love her work.


MissCAlexandria: Is a jewelry designer, I love craftsmanship for her earrings


alenecouture: Is my sister, she makes resin belt buckles, and jewelry


Pets? Family? Tell us about them.

Mom, dad, an older sister, and dog (Pinecone) that we got from the spca about a year ago.

Tell us about a typical day in your life?

Typical day get up, eat, slower, take Pinecone out for a walk. Then work on designing, or sewing, then play around on etsy (post some items, post in the forums, or chat rooms)

On a lucky day maybe I get to do a photo shoot.

What other interests do you have?

Photography, I do my own photo shoots

Is there anything you think we should know?

I love make things, I went to school for fashion art, I might be going to school in September for photography. I love to learn new thing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know your thoughts and opinions.